Wednesday 16 September 2015

ipads, cardigans and pissing !!!

Good morning interweb, I know it's early but the little darlings from next door seem to think it is fine to charge around the place at 90 miles an hour screaming their frill off at the top of their lungs with no interference from their parents.
The house is sold and I will dance around the garden with glasses of champagne as they load up the removals truck.
People have said that you don't know what the new neighbours will be like but to be honest we have had 3 students living there before and even they made less noise.
Sunday was all a bit of a strange experience for me, you see i have put off buying an ipad for years now saying how they are a waste of money etc etc and I cannot do half the things I need to do on an ipad that I need to do.
But since my wife took over my laptop after hers refused to work anymore, I discovered that now my 46 year old ass is pretty much retired I don't actually need a laptop that often!!!.
So it was after a little research that I dispatched myself off to John Lewis to purchase an ipad mini2.
It wasn't until I had parked the car in a designated disabled bay (yes I am that broken, my misspent youth catching up on me) and I was walking towards John Lewis that I thought "what a sight I am to behold" 46 years young limping along in combat trousers and Guns n Roses t-shirt and a cardigan with leather elbow pads and big buttons on the front. A fucking CARDIGAN for heavens sake, when did I start wearing fucking cardigans?
Upon reaching the 3rd bloody floor of John Lewis I got talking to a sales person and explained that I had seen the mini2 at £259.00 and would they price match to which he replied yes. I then proceeded to explain that I had seen the Griffin survivor case for £30.74 in the BT shop and would he price match this too as I keep all my tech in these cases as they are pretty much bomb proof.
Ahhh he said we only price match things that are in actual shops.
"yes I replied, it is in an actual shop, the BT shop"
"Ahhh but that is only online" he replied all cock sure.
"No it isn't there is one in meadowhall and one in Rotherham and if you are not going to price match it I will buy both items from Meadowhall"
It was at this point that he back pedalled rather quickly and I saved myself £40.00 on the whole deal.
Anyway interweb I digress, I was pissing and moaning earlier about my age. Pissing being the topic at hand to be honest. Iain from Netduma is approaching his 30th birthday and bemoaning this mile stone. All I have to say to him is enjoy it whilst it lasts mate.
As you reach 40 for some reason your body seems to think that it requires massive amounts of nose and ear hair to sprout forth at an alarming rate and as you turn 45-46 ish you know you are old.
3 hours after you go to bed you need to get up to go for a piss, and this takes longer than normal because just as you think your done and ready to pop Alf back in your shorts a bit more needs to come out, then a bit more. For fucks sake.
Anyway interweb a bit of good news is on the gaming front it was confirmed on something I was reading yesterday that Star ars Battlefront will allow you to "seamlessly switch from 3rd person to 1st person on the fly. So it looks like that will be ordered along with Black Ops 3 as I fear Black Ops 3 will end up getting recycled very quickly after playing the beta unless it is vastly improved upon.
Last night I watched a programme about GTA and the battle between its makers the ESRB rating people and some lawyer who was against all these violent video games.
It was on BBC2 for those who are interested and I am sure it will be on iplayer.
The long and short of it was about some kid who basically shot 3 police officers and kind of blamed video games for his acts.
I call bollocks on the whole video games make you kill people thing, small children shouldn't be playing an 18 or 17 rated game anyway and bad parenting isn't an excuse either.
If a teenager is going to kill 3 police officers steal their car and make a run for it I personally think that there are bigger issues going on there than playing video games.
Anyhow interweb I have to go and have a look at today's racing card as I am £70.00 up in the last 3 days and I intend to try and double that by Friday.
So here is a photograph of the view from the back of my house just after sunset last night.
Peace out yall, THE BAGSTAXXX


No comments:

Post a Comment