Tuesday 29 September 2015

Crashes, Eclipses and Upcoming Games!!!

Good afternoon interweb, I trust all is fine in the world of zero's and one's.
I have had an interesting few days which have left me somewhat tired and a little broken to be honest.
I was working Friday evening into Saturday morning and on my way back to base in the Doctors car I had a bit of a coming together with a car full of students.
You see it's freshers week here and we have once again been swarmed by thousands of teenagers on their real first time away from mummy and daddy.
The small compact VW (emissions tests aside) with the 4 students in decided that they were travelling in the wrong direction and would jolly well do a U turn and go back in the opposite direction.
However sat in her "blind spot" Was a 2 ton White Land Rover with Green flashing lights on top and High visibility stickers all over it.
As she made the turn I had nowhere to go so I hit her setting off airbags and making lots of lovely crunching and grinding sounds. Also making the VW that bit more compact.
Unfortunately some of those sounds were coming from my back and neck.
After making sure everybody was Ok which they were I arranged recovery of vehicle and went home for pain killers and vino.
On a better note I was fortunate enough to stay awake long enough to witness and photograph the lunar eclipse of a super moon, which was a stunning sight to be honest and something which will not be seen again for some time.



For those that are interested the red colour comes from all the shite in our atmosphere and this event occurs when the Sun, Earth and Moon are in perfect alignment so that the earth comes between the Sun and the Moon and the Moon spends a little time in the Earths shadow.

And so now onto my views of the latest festival of games that are close to release.
It is going to be an expensive holiday season this time with many different titles trying to grab you attention and hard earned cash.
Fallout4, Star Wars Battlefront, Call of Duty Black Ops 3, Rainbow 6 and Halo 5 and Uncharted  to mention just a few.
Weighing in at and average of around £44.00 -£50.00 per release just for standard editions that makes for an expensive time.
I am sure that the fact many of the companies releasing these games are also doing a beta is no coincidence, but they could have shot themselves in the foot.
The Blops3 beta for instance had a negative impact on me personally and I have toyed with the idea of cancelling my pre order but the Rainbow 6 was enjoyable but I have to think that the game play may become stale too quickly.
Star Wars battlefront is up next Thursday for a few days so hopefully that will be great and I can order that up to.
I think that COD will still be the best seller simply from the point of view that people enjoy gaming together and if that is what your friends are playing then you're gonna have to get it as well.
There are still plenty of people playing previous Cod's and I am sure that it will sell well.
I will be very interested to see how these games play on final release through my Netduma R1 router as I am sure are many owners.
There is an upgrade coming soon to the router which should dampen down jitter and spikes on the connection and this hopefully will help with game play and those frustrating moments.
The upgrade is free but the devs are ironing out some bugs at the minute which to be honest I have no problem with. The R1 does exactly what it says on the tin and any upgrade for me is a bonus.
Just a shame some people seem to feel it is their God given right to have it NOW or they will throw a tantrum like a a small child.
Anyhow interweb I have an appointment with a doctor shortly, Not a Doctor called shortly you understand just a Doctor in a short length of time.
And so I will leave you with this,
" The wages of sin are death, but by the time taxes are taken out, it's just sort of a tired feeling."
and I haven't the slightest idea how to change people, but I still keep a long list of prospective candidates just in case I should ever figure it out.

Peace out yall, THE BAGSTAXXX




No comments:

Post a Comment