Monday, 3 September 2012

Jeeps, Buildings and boobs!!!

Well hello interweb, it's been a while. I trust you are well and that your ones and zero's are all in order. I thought I would pay you a visit like one does an old friend and enjoy a coffee whilst musing over what might have been. Speaking of which, hang on I need to make a coffee.
That's better, Today interweb I have had to go into the town centre for new tyres and brake pads for the Jeep, ouch!!!! that kinda hurt but heyho. I guess it's best to have some good stopping stuff when your careering around in a two tonne jeep.
Whilst the Jeep was getting it's treatment I had a couple of hours to kill and so went for a wander around our fair city with my camera.

Looking around there is a lot of new development going on, new buildings are springing up all over the place, business and residential and depending on what area of the city you are walking around depends on what you see hear and feel.
Many of the central areas have an almost European feel to them with coffee shops spilling out onto the street and cobbled roads and paths.

I thought whilst I was having a wander I would test out some of the capabilities of the EOS7D as well after its firmware update. It does seem to cope very well with the street scene half in bright sunlight and the other half in shadow, no loss of detail in the shadow area or blown highlights at the other end of the scale. Use of the exposure lock button does come in handy when taking these kind of shots.
Wandering a little further down Surrey street The central Library came into view and yet again the Canon did an admirable job of capturing the white stone building in sunlight and in shadow.

 I called into the Winter gardens for a coffee and watched the world go by for a while. The students are returning and it looks like there are a fair few going to be doing photography of some kind by the amount wandering about with DSLR camera's. I find it kinda strange that they are all up in your face with cameras on display trying to make a statement about what and who they are whilst I try to blend in more these days, Here they are with what they hope will be many years of creative photography before them whilst I guess most of my best years are behind me.
Another thing I have noticed is that the ladies have substantially larger boobs than they did when I was at college, I don't know what they feed them these days but it does make me say "oh my goodness" on occasion's. lol.
Heading out of the central area I started heading back towards the little back street garage where I take the Jeep.

I couldn't help but notice the stark contrast between the old and the new, What was once little back streets lined with cutlery manufacturer's and little mesters shops churning out knives for a global market are now closed shops, boarded up buildings on one side and new tower blocks and office complexes on the other.
None of the hustle and bustle of the central areas here just the odd student sulking along with there beany hat on earphones in dressed from head to toe in black with coat and boots despite the sun shining brilliantly in the sky.

Wandering a bit further away from the centre I walked past the building where I had my first Photographic assistant job, the third floor of this building was a photographic studio and we did advertising and commercial photography, I think I lasted about 6 months before moving on and started taking photos of pretty ladies and news stuff.

As I got closer to the garage I passed what was once a large cutlery place which has now been turned into workshops and had most of the windows smashed in.

I finally arrived around the corner from the garage and saw what really sums up my walk around the city.
The Lord Nelson Public House, or Fanny's as it is also known. opened in 1871 and still serving beers today and in the distance can be seen the towering St Pauls residential tower finished in 2010.

And so interweb after my rather melancholy wander I will as always bring you some drivel, The best wide-angle lens for photography purposes is two steps backward.
The only thing that makes life possible is permanent, intolerable uncertainty; not knowing what comes next so go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined. As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler and remember "Illusion is the first of all pleasures."
Peace out Yall, THE BAGSTAXXX













No comments:

Post a Comment