Monday, 6 August 2012

Emotions, Gymnasts and bad planning!!!


Good afternoon interweb,at the moment a rather bright day is outside my office window and I am hopeful if nothing else that the skies will clear this evening so that I might get a look skyward with the telescope instead of through the bedroom windows of the pretty ladies who live across the valley. Only joking, cough cough. Lol.
I have been somewhat addicted to watching the Olympics this weekend, in between working at the hospital that is and I have been quite transfixed.
It is not really my “thing” at all but Saturday night was an absolute belter and I was even sober as I had to work the following morning.
Jess Ennis winning gold was surprisingly an emotional moment. I know she hails from my home town and all that but I actually felt quite proud of the young  lass and dare I say it, I was a bit choked. Not by Fi for a change but by some strange feeling, I think it was what normal would people call emotions. Anyway I'm over it now and normal service has been resumed. 

I was at the gym myself this morning and took a big chunk of time out of my own personal best managing 30K in 59 minutes and 20 seconds on the bike. It’s the only thing I'm allowed to do at the minute due to my bad back. I had an MRI scan on it last week and actually managed to fall asleep inside the machine which was banging out noise like a 90’s rave. I eventually woke myself up snoring. Now I just have another 3 weeks to wait for the results. At least the exercise is keeping blood flowing to the damaged area reducing any bad stuff happening to it.
This afternoon I will mostly be watching Cricket or Women’s Gymnastics, hmmmmm is that really a choice or a foregone conclusion interweb. I think we both know the answer to that one.
 Last week I had a moment of conscience and decided that I would be good and try to recycle something to stop people bloody pissing and moaning at me all the time despite my ability to point out to them that they are less green than I am.
It was with this idea in mind that I decided to do something with my collection of VHS tapes and movies and collectors editions.
It is no wonder that many people don’t recycle. You cannot get shut of the things on Ebay and charity shops don’t want them. You can’t give the bloody things away and the only people who do want anything to do with them are mad art or fashion student drop outs who want the tape from the inside so that they can crochet the tape into a handbag or dress of other moronic fashion statement that confirms their mental instability.
We live in England idiots. What happens when it rains? Oh yes that’s right, your new bag or top will begin to rust with the ferrous oxide particles in the tape not to mention the harm to your lungs as other particles are inhaled from the unwound tape.
In other news as I mentioned earlier I am hoping for clear skies this evening to calibrate the telescope with the cameras extra weight. Just another quick mention about the upcoming Perseid meteor shower which can be seen next weekend in the UK looking North East. If you have a camera which has manual functions and you want to have a go at capturing some of the delights the shower will bring here are some basic settings to try out.
Stick your camera on a tripod pointing up into the night sky. (looking NE) If you can get out of the city to a darker area it would be better. Set the iso to around 800 iso and the shutter speed to 30 seconds. Turn off the auto focus of the lens and manually focus the lens to the infinity mark. 

Then simply start taking photographs and look out for the meteors. Good luck.
And so interweb it is time for today’s drivel, Did you know that it is the gravitational force of a super massive black hole at the centre of our solar system that actually makes it all work? And also fools rush in where fools have been before, adventure is just bad planning and with the Olympics in mind,  it is worth remembering that the moment of victory is much too short to live for that and nothing else.
Peace out yall, THE BAGSTAXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment