Saturday, 11 August 2012

Anoraks, chocolate bars and the universe!!!


Good afternoon interweb, and a very pleasant one it is too, shame I have to go to work soon till midnight. Some of you who read my ramblings may be well aware that I am interested in lots of things that mean I am an anorak, The Universe, how it works, physics etc etc.
I have over the last couple of nights been trying to capture images of our Milky Way. (I have never managed to work out why so many chocolate bars are named after celestial objects)
This task has been made very difficult due to the fact that I am in proximity to several very large cities and the light pollution from these makes astrophotography very difficult.
I have however managed to capture what I consider reasonable images. The best of which I did last night.
 The image is a stack of 2 darks (exposure with lens cap on for the same as the photographs and at the same iso) 1 Offset image and 5 photographs.
These were then stacked and the curves and levels adjusted to bring out the fine detail.
I also managed to capture the first Perseid meteor of the month and will be back out after midnight tonight when I finish work to hopefully capture some more.

And so interweb after a brief flirtation it is time to move on to the drivel of the day, Keeping with the subject of today's blog, just like stars, as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same and with regards to “them” I find If you cannot convince them, confuse them.
And lastly, never forget it is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are either charming or tedious.
Peace out y'all, THE BAGSTAXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment