Tuesday, 31 July 2012

The Kraken, Olympics and Perseid's 2012!!!


Good afternoon interweb, the weather as it has been most of this summer is a pale shade of shite outside.
I called over to an even drabber Chesterfield this morning to see the lovely Nick Kate and Bradley the dog who tried to nibble my fingers. I'm sure he hasn’t lost all desire to devour my ample form and I even got to say hello to spanner who eventually awoke like the Kraken from her pit and hoaved into the living room closely followed by another 2 semi clad teenage girls. Lucky Nick.
The weekend was filled mostly by work and Friday night I watched the Olympic London 2012 Opening ceremony.

I watched it in the bar with friends and have to admit it was pretty damned impressive.
A few good humoured jokes flew about the interweb within minutes between myself and friends from other countries as to how they seemed to gloss over two world wars and one world cup doo dah doo dah. They also seemed to gloss over the septics giving us a kicking as well but as I pointed out, War! What is it good for? Teaching Americans geography!!!!
My American friends have decided to boycott the Olympics until Maypole dancing is an Olympic event which I can’t see happening anytime soon.
I have also been looking out from planet Bagsta into the deep wonderous universe again and have even ventured to take a few snaps in the hope that the Perseid's 2012 may be visible. 

This weekend was one of the times they may have been visible with August 10th to 13th also the next good viewing time. This weekends viewing was cut short by a very bright near full moon which didn’t set till after 01.30 hours so I am hoping for clear skies in August. 

Anybody wishing to have a look for these meteor showers can look skywards on the dates mentioned above and see them with the naked eye.
From the UK it would be best to look up and North East after midnight and towards dawn when you could expect to see anything up to 60 or so an hour.
These meteors are tiny, usually about the size of a grain of sand but as they are travelling at around 71 kilometres per second they put on one hell of a light show if you can see them.
Anyway interweb, I will take my glass back off to do some work now and leave you with some drivel, The absence of alternatives clears the mind marvellously and I have come to realise more vividly the meaning of the doctrine of acceptance. To refrain from giving advice, to refrain from meddling in the affairs of others, to refrain, even though the motives be the highest, from tampering with another's way of life - so simple, yet so difficult for an active spirit.
Peace out y'all, THE BAGSTAXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment