Sunday, 6 May 2012

ipads, Earth and gathering clouds!!!


Good afternoon interweb, and a fine bright and sunny one it is as well, it would be a pretty perfect day had I not got to go to work in a few hours till one in the morning but hey ho.
I called to see my mother yesterday who is 73 years old, we have always had a childish tormenting kind of relationship, more like adolescent friends than mother and son and as I walked through the door she waved a brand spanking new ipad under my nose as if to say “see what Ive got that you have not”
My response of “mother your 73 what the hell are you going to do with and ipad” was met with quite rightly a lot of derisive comments.
I'm actually quite glad that she has it and is eager to learn all about this new technology stuff and am going to find her some classes to go to. Although at the back of my mind I can just see the BT add where the geek has his mother calling him up every two minutes.
In other news my stress levels are rising with builders in the house and all the associated mess and noise and our holiday at the end of the month can’t come soon enough for me.
It has also come to my super sensory senses that the planet is slowing down. Not at an alarming rate but it is slowing down.

The Earth is spinning at a little over 1000 mph at the equator and it is slowing down at a rate of 1000th of a second every day. Now this got me to thinking again which never ends well and usually leaves me with more questions than answers.
It is a fact that we now have a leap second every year and a half due to the Earth’s rotation slowing down.
All of this knowledge starts to hurt my brain you see if the Earth is slowing down that means it must have been going faster at some point. Ordinarily this would not be a problem if the planet was a mere  4.5 thousand years old but it isn’t is it. The Earth is around 4.5 billion years old which means that it must have been spinning pretty darn fast at some point.
In fact if we follow this to it’s natural conclusion the Earth would have been spinning so fast that the winds would have been around 5000 mph due to the Coriolis effect alone and the planet would have been flattened out by centrifugal forces which would leave poor old Darwin in a quandary of mammoth proportions (pun intended).
So you see interweb thinking often leaves more questions than answers so here is some drivel, My bounce-around life had taught me that dreams were dangerous things - they look solid in your mind, but you just try to reach for them. It's like gathering clouds and so the best you can manage is to love the ones you can. Touch the ones you can reach. Let the others go and always remember the more things change, the more they remain insane.
Peace out yall, THE BAGSTAXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment