Friday, 27 April 2012

Windows, 13 and diplomacy!!!


Good afternoon interweb, my foot still hurts, a lot. This makes me even grumpier than normal and so when the double glazing arrived at 08.30 hours this morning I was not in the best frame of mind. 
The fitters arrive tomorrow morning and they better get a move on as Sunday the forecast is for torrential rain and gales and where we live on mount High Storrs (S11 darling) we get the full force of any inclement weather.
The jeep has started throwing error codes at me intermittently and to read them without an obd2 code reader you have to open the door and sit in the car, do not close the door which is very annoying because you get a constant beep to inform you the door isn’t shut. Next you have to turn the ignition key to the start position (but not actually start the car) and then back to the off position 3 times. On the fourth time you leave it in the on position and it cycles through the error codes. Nowhere in the manual does it tell you this but it’s cheaper than paying £30.00 plus that a garage would charge
. A quick google of the codes informed me that the Accelerator position sensor voltage was too high. Great.
This bad luck has had me thinking about the number 13. Why do we consider 13 as an unlucky number? Well in Europe it is considered unlucky due to the last supper such to the point that in France a group calling themselves the fourteeners were formed and they would sit at home fully dressed for dinner between 17.00 hours and 21.00 hours all ready to step in if a dinner party was found to have 13 guests.
The number 13 was also very significant for the American founding fathers, there were originally 13 colonies and the US flag had thirteen stripes and 13 stars. Whenever a new state joined the union a new star was added but there are still only 13 stripes. If you look at a 1 dollar bill (of which I keep a lucky one in my wallet at all times for some reason) there are 13 levels on the all seeing eye pyramid Illuminati thing, 13 stripes on the flag, 13 letters in the motto “e pluribus unum”, 13 stars above the eagle, 13 leaves on the olive branch, 13 arrows held by the eagle and 13 bars on the shield. 

So now interweb I have brought the show to you with the number 42 and now the number 13 but I still maintain I'm a mad idiot.
And so we come to the drivel portion of today’s post, Human beings are perhaps never more frightening than when they are convinced beyond doubt that they are right.  Over my many years on planet earth I have not learnt to be very diplomatic but maybe that’s simply because my view of diplomacy is one of the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock.
Peace out y'all, THE BAGSTAXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment