Thursday, 26 April 2012

Foot, Shwopping and throwing sticks!!!


Good afternoon interweb. It isn’t actually a good one from my point of view as I have spent two hours in minor injuries nursing a busted foot.
Tendons etc all buggered up, foot gone purple and hurts like a thing that hurts a lot.
It is due to this fact that I have had to endure about 20 minutes of day time television. Some show with that bloke who used to do things with a gopher.
  Anyway the very lovely Joanna Lumley was on promoting the new charity Shwopping. Shwopping is the act of going to buy new clothes but also leaving for re-sale, recycle something old that you no longer want. I asked Fi if she fancied practising the art of shwopping as she does have quite a lot of clothes and she replied “I don’t think there will be a box big enough to leave you in”.
So now I have been injured and put in my place and am no further to finding the secretary that I so desire/require.
Right then interweb now to dispel a myth of what those boomerang things are / were used for.
Popular belief would have us believe that there use was for killing animals, or at the very least knocking them out. In actual fact if a boomerang hit a kangaroo on the head it would probably just piss it off somewhat.
You see the boomerang is designed so that it returns to the person who threw it.
What they were actually used for was to imitate birds of prey so as to drive game birds into nets hung from trees.
These throwing sticks are not exclusive to aboriginals either, one was found in the Polish Carpathians and has been dated to be 18,000 years old. The Egyptians and the Goths have also used throwing sticks in one form or another for pretty much the same purpose.
And so it is with a very sore foot I bring you today’s drivel, Somebody should tell us, right at the start of our lives, that we are dying. Then we might live life to the limit, every minute of every day. Do it! I say. Whatever you want to do, do it now! I have also discovered that forgiveness is one of the many horrible side effects of loving someone.

Peace out y'all, THE BAGSTAXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment