Wednesday, 21 March 2012

COD4, Openzone(PS3) and intimate dinners!!!!


Good afternoon interweb, This post may take a little longer than usual as I have really pushed myself at the gym today and I can feel my muscles seizing as I type.
It is a sad fact that 90% of the English population would find nothing to talk about if it wasn’t for the weather so I will start there. It’s very reasonable........ again.
I am once again without Truck as it has gone in to be fettled a little more.
Had a top laugh last night with Bev and Maria on MW3, the less I care about the game and it’s bloody frustrating connections the more fun it becomes. It cannot be classed as a competitive game for the general public.
On a LAN I'm sure it would be a fantastic game but each incarnation of the game the developers seem to have made worse. It is my belief that they should just go back to what COD4 had as that seemed to be the best compromise to me.
With the connections in mind I would just like to add the following information for anybody with BT Infinity fibre to the cabinet.
As some of my fellow ps3 gamers are aware, if you play MW3 you can get hit by severe lag compensation whether you are host or not.
What this does is takes your fantastic Internet connection (assuming you have a very low ping as well, mine is 14ms,) and slows it down so that people who have no job and sit at home all day playing on the ps3 that cant afford a great connection have a better chance of getting a good game.
However, this has been taken to extreme lengths and essentially what happens is the people with the crappiest connection have the best game experience in general.This can be seen on CN2's post on the 30up site. LAG COMPENSATION (Thank you Kevin, a great find)
Anyway in a way to try to counter this problem I decided to try and connect to a bt openzone connection or fon hotspot in my area. The problem being that I have a 100% connection to the two that are in range so it doesn't really help me but may help other BT Infinity users who have fttc.
Also if you go away to visit family etc who may not have interweb or a decent connection you could connect to a hotspot if in range.
BT said that they didn't support it but I don't give in so easily.
So if you want to try it.....
Go to Network settings on PS3
Go to  - Internet connection settings
Choose – Custom
Choose – Wireless
Choose – Scan
Pick whichever has highest signal strength - either BT FON or BT Openzone (or one at about 75%)
SSID should come up with BtOpenzone (leave it as it is!)
WLAN settings - choose none
IP address – auto
DHCP host - do not set
DNS – Automatic
MTU – automatic
Proxy server - do not use
UPNP – enable
Press x to save settings
At this point it will test connection and show the IP address has been found but the Internet connection failed,don't panic, this is fine.
Come out of settings and go to your Internet browser on PS3
 Once you launch the browser you get the BT openzone log in page, enter your details if you are a customer.
Once you have logged in you can then close the browser and sign in and start blowing stuff up.
I played 1 game of KC around 10.00AM in a room full of scorchio's and went positive.
Not an exhaustive test exactly but I normally rage quit those lobbies within 30 seconds but it was playable.
Well hopefully it may help somebody.
And so to drivel interweb, Since going to the gym I have learned to stop having intimate dinners for four. Unless there are three other people.
I have also learnt that nobody has things just as he or she would like them. The thing to do is to make a success with what material you have. It is a sheer waste of time and soulpower to imagine what I would do if things were different. They are not different.

Peace out y'all, THE BAGSTAXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment