Friday, 10 February 2012

Work, Charity and Racism!!


Hello interweb, it’s Friday, everybody is looking forward to the weekend.
I'm not I'm working. Don’t get me wrong it’s not that I don’t like my work but the six nations is on and I'm only going to get to see the first half of a couple of the games. Actually work at the hospital is great, they pay me to drive around in a car full of drugs with flashing lights.
 I often give the impression of not liking it to kind of fit in more, the majority of people I work with are great as well.
Anyway today’s post will probably be me just rambling actually as I have brain fade today. After finishing work around midnight I came home to my beloved PS3 and fired up MW3. Got into a lobby with Bev, Maria, Hudge and a few others and despite the lag on a full party it was a good blast.
I must have drank far too much red wine as I apparently cooked a pizza but don’t recall the process.
Good news on the Truck front is that I was right and one of the injectors is fucked. So in total the cost of repair and fitting etc is gonna be close to £700.00 as opposed to well over a grand for new ones fitting.
You know it is just my own belief that if you give to a charity you do so because you feel that the charity deserves it and could do with the dosh not because you want everybody to see how kind and charitable you are so I really do wish people would stop it with the fucking wrist band thing. “Oh look at me I donated money to save the drug crazed alcoholic superstar” Fuck off nobody cares.
Another problem with charity is the amount of money they spend on advertising the charity is criminal, why not just give the advertising budget to the people or cause that needs it, that would probably solve a lot of the problems.
And now to the weather, well to be honest it’s shite, dull grey drab and boring and has been for months now. We were promised between 5 and 10cm of the white stuff last night but alas nothing.
I'm currently coffeeless in my office listening to Roger Waters, One of my all time favourite lines “I always said I preferred your lips red, not what the good lord made, but what he intended”. Genius.  I really do think that The pros and cons of hitch hiking is one of those albums that everybody should hear at least once.
Hmmm, it has just dawned on me I'm a bit grumpy today, Maria says I'm a bit grumpy, it makes me laugh that somebody hundreds of miles away in Sweden who I have never met describes me as “a little bit grumpy”. LOL.
It can get rather amusing when Bev (Richard) and myself are in a gaming lobby together, were like Statler and Waldorf off the muppet show when we get together, it’s almost as if were in competition for who is best grump!
I see my reputation must precede me even in other countries. Oh well, so be it.
I sometimes get accused of racism you know, Fi simply tells me not to worry about it as I apparently hate everybody with equal measure and no particular race or creed will get special treatment. You see I don’t see the point in racism, if we were to wake up some morning and find that everyone was the same race, creed and colour, we would find some other cause for prejudice by lunchtime. It is also a fact that colour or race has no bearing on people been total arseholes.
Ive just realised I really am grumpy.
Right interweb I have troubled you enough for one day so I will now move on to my usual drivel segment. The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man and as cruel as it may seem you can learn a lot about people when you play games with them, mind games that is. It is also worth remembering that the world is round and the place which may seem like the end may also be only the beginning.
Peace out y'all, THE BAGSTAXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment