Wednesday, 1 February 2012

God, the universe and cheese!!!


Hello interweb, it is still morning as I write this, or as I start writing it. Proof that I do rise before the sun has passed the yard arm.
It’s very sunny outside but bloody cold so I think ill leave venturing out for a while longer.
Yesterday I had a go at chef’s, why? Because I can. Today I am going to look at celestial beings and the universe.


You see I got to wondering why the universe exists. If anybody has a definitive answer to this question please feel free to enlighten me.
I mean does it actually serve a purpose? Well this made my brain ache for a while as the existence of the universe can be used to both prove and disprove the existence of a higher order or god like being if you will.
We can run down the theory of the great physicists and look at the big bang theory and the fact that we have scientific proof that the universe is actually still expanding (see earlier blog posts), but we can also look at the fact that the universe is far too absurd and could not have come into existence by simply using the laws of nature.
Many of the things that happen in ones life could only be put down to the existence of a higher power by any rational person despite the fact that we pass these things off as bad or good luck. How many times in life have you not got what you wanted but you got what you needed?
Now I am not trying to say that Christians or believers in Islam or any other faith for that matter are believers in the one true god because there may well be many and we may well be their play things.
Think about it for a moment, How many wars and conflicts have been caused by religion? How many times has man killed his fellow man in the name of God?
So you see if I go back to the question of why does the universe exist? Well it could be argued that just like me having a go at chef’s “because it can” or it could also be reasoned that the universe exists because somebody has decided to create it. If somebody has decided to create the universe though, to what end did they create it, what purpose does it serve?
You see as humans we have the ability to dream, (more information can be found out about this here, http://bagsta69.blogspot.com/2011/10/death-dreams-and-unconcious-mind.html ) if we can build a bridge between our body and mind we can then use that as a springboard from which we can leap to new realms of experience lying outside our normal state of consciousness. None of this can be proved with hard facts or the use of physics  and maybe that is taking us a step closer to trying to understand why the universe exists or maybe I am completely losing the plot and the men with the huggy huggy jackets will be chasing me off down the street in the not too distant future, they better bring running shoes because the bastards will never catch me otherwise.
Anyway I will leave you today with two things to ponder “Poets have been mysteriously silent on the subject of cheese and Strange as it seems, no amount of learning can cure stupidity.”
Peace out y'all, THE BAGSTAXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment