Monday, 19 December 2011

Weather, North Korea and moderation!!!!


Hello again interweb, I trust you are better than the weather, Which whilst a little warmer than recent days is still piss wet through and grey, dull and uninteresting.
It has not gone unnoticed that Kim Jong-il has passed away leaving a space to be filled by his son Kim Jong –Un. Now what do we know about him?
also known as Kim Jong-Eun, formerly Kim Jung-Woon, he was born 1983 or early 1984, is the third and youngest son of Kim Jong-il with his late consort Ko Young-hee.
It is reported that he attended the English-language International School of Berne in Berne, Switzerland until 1998 under a pseudonym, although this is disputed. He speaks his native Korean, and is fluent in English and knows some German, Bernese German, and French.
He is a four-star general in the Korean People’s Army and the presumed heir to the leadership of North Korea. Kim Jong-un is in his 20s, he seems too young to lead the nuclear armed country.
But North Korea expert Kim Yong-hyun of Dongguk University, Seoul, said his promotion was "the starting point for his formal succession".
The first official image of him as an adult was a group photograph released on 30 September 2010 at the end of the party conference that effectively anointed him, in which he is seated in the front row, two places from his father. This was followed by newsreel footage of him attending the conference.

Kim Jong-un was made a Daejang, the equivalent to an American Four-Star General, on 27 September 2010, a day ahead of a rare Workers’ Party of Korea conference in Pyongyang, the first time North Korean media had mentioned him by name and despite his having no previous military experience. Despite the promotion, no further details, including verifiable portraits of Jong-un were released.
On 28 September 2010 he was named vice chairman of the Central Military Commission and appointed to the Central Committee of the Workers’ Party, in an apparent nod to become the successor to Kim Jong-il.
North Korea is not a place I would like to live if I'm honest, I don’t think that I would last 5 minutes before being shot.
You see it is not exactly a free society which by definition is a society where it is safe to be unpopular and lets face it, I'm quite unpopular at times and make no excuse for it.
It took me about 35 years to work out two of the most fundamental things to a happy life and they are, “not everybody is going to like you, get over it. That and the fact that it is OK to say NO sometimes.”.
You see I don’t believe that North Korea’s new leader will understand the word moderation. I have been told that  a little more moderation would be good for me. Of course, my life hasn't exactly been one of moderation but then I don’t get to put my finger on the launch button of a nuclear weapon. (more’s the pity).
The amount of power that will be in the hands of this young man is a very real and very scary threat to humanity.
Ive said it before and I will say it again, “The possession of unlimited power will make a despot of almost any man.” and I fear that Kim Jong-Un is no exception.
I think that we have a very interesting 2012 to come and if we look at all the omens and the fact the it will be the end of the Mayan calendar I'm gonna get me a massive bowl of pop corn, sit back and munch away while I watch the world and humanity destroy itself all from the comfort of my living room. That is assuming that North Korea don’t take out the satellite that sends Sky TV to my home, they wouldn’t would they? That has to be against the Geneva convention.
And so interweb we come to a close of today’s ramblings and with it yet more wise words. “Forgiveness is the healing of wounds caused by another. You choose to let go of a past wrong and no longer be hurt by it. Forgiveness is a strong move to make, like turning your shoulders sideways to walk quickly on a crowded street. It's your move. Forgive..........but never forget.

Peace out y'all, THE BAGSTAXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment