Friday, 21 October 2011

Interweb, dictators and darkness in the minds of men!!!


Hello interweb, I trust you are well today and not having an argument with British Telecom again. It really does put me out of sorts when I cannot use you. I managed perfectly well before I was introduced to you and now I find it difficult to exist without you, or at least without the knowledge that you are there and working just in case I need you. It’s pretty much the same with mobile phones of course. The youth of today may find it difficult to believe that I made it half way through my life before owning a mobile phone.
Right then, With events unfolding in Libya over the past 48 hours I have been thinking again. Reports from Libya have been saying that Muammar Gaddafi has been killed after National Transitional Council fighters overran loyalist defences in the  Libyan leader's hometown and final stronghold of Sirte. But questions remained over the circumstances of Gaddafi's death as footage appeared to show he had been captured alive, following an apparent attempt to flee the besieged coastal city in a convoy which came under fire from French warplanes and a US drone aircraft.(Typical, the French attack as they are fleeing)
Other footage showed Gaddafi's lifeless and bloodied body being dragged along a road.

"We have been waiting for this moment for a long time. Muammar Gaddafi has been killed," Mahmoud Jibril, the de facto Libyan prime minister, told reporters on Thursday in Tripoli, the capital.
Asked what would be done with Gaddafi's body, he said: "It doesn't make any difference, as long as he disappears".
You see it seems to me that history has thrown up a bit of a paradox with some of the leaders that have emerged in this world, It is a fact that every dictator that has climbed to power on the ladder of free speech. Immediately on attaining power each dictator has suppressed all free speech except his own.
Granted Gaddafi came to power in the coup detat of 1969 on the first of September in a bloodless take over. People were happy at the time but soon things started to go downhill.
Now that Gaddafi is dead we must look at what he is to be replaced with and will it really be a better, safer,  more humane leadership. There is still much darkness in the minds of men and we would do well not to forget that fact.
Both liberty and equality are among the primary goals pursued by human beings throughout many centuries; but total liberty for wolves is death to the lambs, total liberty of the powerful, the gifted, is not compatible with the rights to a decent existence of the weak and the less gifted. I really must stop thinking . it keeps me awake at night. Anyway, that's enough thought for one day. I shall now go back to the mind numbing task of captioning and uploading photographs to picture agencies, or will I, I can hear the PS3 calling and I'm home alone.

Peace out y'all, THE BAGSTAXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment