Wednesday, 7 September 2011

Apathy and getting off your arse!!!


Hello again interweb, Ive been thinking again..... I know, I know it will not end well but as I said yesterday my mind does this thinking malarkey all on its own.
Science has found a cure for most of our ills with a few exceptions but research is breaking new ground on a daily basis, what science has not been able to find a remedy for is the apathy of human beings.
Apathy (also called impassivity ) is a state of indifference, or the suppression of emotions such as concern, excitement, motivation and passion. An apathetic individual has an absence of interest in or concern about emotional, social, spiritual, philosophical or physical life.

Now what brings me to be thinking about apathy?  Well to be honest it is other people giving me a bit of a hard time to be honest. Apparently I'm very lucky and have led a charmed life and am a jammy bastard to be able to go to places like the Maldives every year, sometimes twice.
Well actually I don’t think I am a jammy bastard and many of you who know me also know that my life has not always been so charmed either.
No, what Ive done is get off my arse and made these things happen. Ive thought, I want to go there and do that. Then Ive worked hard and found a way to do what it is I want. It has on occasion taken more time than I thought it may but I have stuck at it.
Really living life is like stopping smoking or exercising to lose weight, there is always an excuse not to do it but you will only have yourself to blame when apathy and old age without any wondrous memories come to bite you on the ass.
After getting my first photograph published I wanted to get a front page, it took a couple of years but I got it. Then magazines and foreign publications. Always aiming higher than I wanted but getting at least what I was after.
I honestly do not think that I could exist  doing a nine to five job five days a week. Personally that for me would be soul destroying and I have a great deal of respect for people that can do it. However a large proportion of these people suffer from apathy, they go to work Monday to Friday then go out and get wrecked, have their  two weeks in the sun then rinse and repeat year after year.
I'm not saying there is anything wrong with that at all but don’t have a go at me because I want more from life and am willing to go out and take it.
Am I a millionaire? No and I don’t think I ever will be but I don’t need to be. I am more than happy chasing my dreams and desires and getting a feeling of satisfaction from knowing that the things I do, the places I visit, the animals and landscapes that I photograph, the people I meet and the experiences I have are all down to the fact that I have worked hard to attain them, these things have more value than money, they cannot be bought and if they could they would be worthless.
So my friends, before you have a go at an old man, you should endeavour to understand him and how he got to be what he is.

Peace out y'all THE BAGSTAXX

No comments:

Post a Comment