Monday, 13 June 2011

M.O.T's , age and getting off your ass!!!!!

 Morning campers, Well Monday seems to have rolled around again as it does after every weekend.
I wonder what this week will bring. I know for starters its going to bring more expense as the truck is in for it’s M.O.T. never a cheap time, I think it needs new brake bits for the handbrake and the horn seems to work when it wants too not when you want it too.
I was listening to the radio the other day and there was a discussion on about when middle age ends and old age starts, as in terms of how old you are.
I don't think you can measure life in terms of years. I think life and longevity doesn't necessarily have anything to do with happiness either. I think that  happiness comes from facing challenges and going out on a limb and taking risks. If you're not willing to take a risk for something you really care about, then
your not really living and you may as well sign yourself into a retirement home and have your food liquidised for you.
I mean I'm 42 and have in the last 6 years done more exciting things and achieved more goals than I have in the previous 36.
It came to me one rainy tea time in May on my way back from the NW200 bike races, as I flew through the air at about 80 mph at an altitude of about 12 feet  above the M6, I thought “this is going to hurt” and you know what, damn me I was right.
The sudden connection with the tarmac managed to break 10 bones all in a fraction of a second. It was a short time after this that I decided life really is too short to piss about, no matter how long you live or don’t, get off your ass and do stuff. It’s all too easy to say “I can’t,” or “it costs too much” total bollocks, if you want to do something enough you will find a way. It took me 3 years to get to swim with Manta Rays in the wild   ( http://bagsta69.blogspot.com/2011/05/bagsta-and-manta-rays.html ) and those few minutes I spent with them will last for my lifetime. I will always have that memory (whilst it still works) and emotion.
I think far to many people today do not try and achieve their goals and dreams for fear of failure. But failure will take you one step closer to success so you may as well get busy failing while you still can.
A dear friend of mine was complaining the other day that they had a headache, now that in itself is not very nice but as I pointed out to them, have some painkillers and in an hour or so it will have gone, so there is something to look forward too.
I have found over the years that there is a positive to be found in just about every bad thing that happens, you just need to look hard enough and maybe change your way of thinking.
Ill get back to you with a revised version of all this twadle when the Truck fails it's M.O.T. and costs me a small fortune but until then........
Peace out y'all, THE BAGSTA XX

No comments:

Post a Comment