Tuesday, 28 June 2011

I really have become incredibly annoying!!!!!


Hello world, I'm afraid for you I'm still here and just as annoying as I always have been, actually that last statement is not true. You see I'm even more annoying now.
Ive stopped smoking which makes me a real smug git and what makes it more annoying is that people who I know who do still smoke ask if I mind if they do and I say no, I'm fine with it, puff away it really doesn’t bother me and you know what. It doesn’t. I live with a smoker, there are around 1000 cigs in our house as I type this and I want........... a cup of tea. It really has been one of the best things I've ever done for myself.
To complete my being a really annoying git I've started exercising on a regular basis and losing weight as well.
Now this one really is annoying as with everything I do I tend to do a lot of research first, must be the journalist in me. I see people every day talking about losing weight and some people are truly obsessed with it. They go on fad diet after fad diet and starve themselves they have days where they are not allowed to eat bread or carbs etc but still don’t seem to get anywhere. I think I know part of the reason why.  All those fad diets and not eating certain foods are a load of shite. You may see quick returns for doing them but then as soon as you stop them you pile the pounds back on.
The bottom line is if you burn more calories than you consume on a regular basis you will lose weight.
You see at my age it really is a little harder to shift the fat than it was when I was younger but I'm shifting it and getting fitter at the same time.
The bottom line is this, you have to work at it, like stopping smoking, there is no magic pill, there are things that can help you but you still require willpower and a desire to do it. It’s hard work, it really is and that's the bottom line.
People who starve themselves and have 1 cracker a day with a lettuce leaf are doing themselves no favours at all. All this does is send your body into starvation mode and it stores all the fat that you are trying to get rid of. You need to boost your metabolic rate, to do this, eat more often, less, but more often. Drink green tea, eat some spicy food, EXERCISE. All these things will boost your BMR or RMR.
I'm 5’10” tall and weigh in at around 14 stone. This means that my body will burn around 1894 calories if I was to stay in bed all day and do bugger all. Just keeping my heart beating and lungs working etc. That's quite a lot to be honest, but my biggest downfall is alcohol. I love it but it doesn’t love me you see alcohol contains empty calories and a lot of them. They do nothing for the body and 1g of alcohol is nearly the equivalent to 1g of pure fat. Because we get no nutritional value from alcohol our bodies spend there time getting rid of it as a priority instead of absorbing nutrients and burning fat. Just a bit of info for you, A bottle of red wine contains 510 calories, white 555, pint of lager/cider 250 calories (that's the same as a large slice of dominoes pizza), 1 glass of wine equates to 1 slice of cake!!!!!
I was speaking to somebody the other day who has a personal trainer who has promised to help him lose stupid amounts of weight in next to no time with a special diet and exercises. I'm gob smacked that a personal trainer would be so stupid. A healthy weight loss for most people would be around 2lb a week. Much more than that and you are setting yourself up for a host of problems.
so to the results for me so far at just over the 3 week mark.
At the start I would struggle to run for more than 2-3 minutes and I would not have been able to do more than maybe 2 abdominal crunches.
3 weeks on I am running 6K( 5-6 times a week), 20 minutes of weight training (3-4 times a week)
2 sets of 12 AB crunches, Cycling either 6 or 12 K depending on what I did the day before (5-6 times a week) I eat 4-5 meals a day still enjoy a drink and the odd kebab and I'm still losing weight and inches off the waistline.  Now I did tell you at the start how annoying Ive become and to be even more annoying, I actually enjoy it. I enjoy going to the gym and pushing myself.
Right now I'm billy no mates I hope y'all is great and catch up soon, Peace out y'all, THE BAGSTA XX

No comments:

Post a Comment