Thursday, 28 April 2011

What a drag it is getting old!

Well enough about global warming, I'm not going to live long enough for it to affect me anyhow. I have over the last few weeks begun to start feeling the effects of the 42 years of abuse I have given my body and to be quite honest I'm not very pleased.
No I haven't always been kind to it in a physical or mental way in any way shape or form but come on body, cut me some slack here, YOU never really complained till about two bloody weeks ago.
As followers of my blog know I have been suffering with cluster headaches,subconjunctival haemorrhaging of the eyes and I have recently discovered that I have very high blood pressure (pre hypertensive)
So I have decided to go to my GP to try and sort it all out.
Well that has only put my blood pressure higher. Trying to get an audience with my GP is like trying to get an audience with the Queen on Friday (that's when her grandson gets married, just in case you have been living in a bubble in outer Mongolia for the last month). By the time I can grace the presence of my local GP I will have either died or got better. Either way that means less work for the bloody GP.
Their receptionist always seem to try and diagnose your problems for you as if they are somehow trained and can decide themselves how serious you ailments are. Well they didn't bargain on Mr fucking angry did they.
"An appointment sometime next week is of no use to me so here is what is going to happen, you are going to get a pen and paper and write this down and pass it on to the doctor who will then tell you to call me back with my appointment time. my blood pressure is 177/118 and I am suffering from subconjunctivatal haemorraging in my eyes, I am also experiencing extremely painful headaches, Now are you going to give me an appointment or do I simply die or explode? I could simply walk into reception and collapse on the floor if you wish but that would make for all kinds of messy paper work now wouldn't it.?"
After a brief pause I have an appointment at 11.40 this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment