Sunday, 27 February 2011

Surviving to 42!!!

Well, tomorrow I will have reached the grand old age of 42. Thats right, 42 years ago I came kicking and screaming into the world. I was late but to be honest Im sure I was just comfy where I was, all nice and warm with no scary things going on.
Incidentally 42 is also, according to the Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy the answer to life the universe and everything.
I am expecting great things of tomorrow then but part of me expects nothing much to have changed. Expect the worst and occasionally you will be pleasantly surprised by it not happening.

I think back to my past and it is actually a small miracle that I have made it this far, let me explain why,
I have in no particular order suffered the following occurences, any of which could have probably killed me.
Salmanella food poisoning,
fell in a lake when I couldn't swim,
been shot, in the head..... ok it was only an air pistol but those things can be lethal.
been mugged, twice..... but refused point blank to hand anything over.
Been stabbed,
been involved in a very messy car crash on a motorway,
been on a dry ski slope and broken bones as I made a very clumsy attempt to stop myself from running into a barrier.
Been run over 3 times..... once by a police car.
Fallen through or was pushed through a plate glass window.
had a major motorcycle accident at high speed on a busy motorway.
been attacked knocked unconsious and left in a ditch with 2 broken ribs for 6 hours in December.
Eaten many meals that my mother in law has cooked me.
pissed my wife off.
As you can see it is quite a revelation that I have made it thus far in life and should I ever rescue a small furry animal from a burning building I will shit myself.
Anyway been as im rambling now here is a photo of a fruitbat with big balls.

No comments:

Post a Comment